Holy Scriptures & Commentary
- Holy Scriptures
- The Psalter
- Bible and the Holy Fathers for Orthodox
- Explanation by Blessed Theophylact (these are the gold standard of Orthodox commentaries)
- Commentary by Archbishop AVERKEY
- Orthodox Veneration of the Mother of God by St. John Maximovitch
- Orthodox Dogmatic Theology by Fr Michael Pomazansky
Orthodox Spirituality & the Christian Life
These saints all had the unique gift of writing for both monastics and those of us in the world (often simultaneously). As might be expected, these authors are also heavily informed by Holy Scripture and the Church Fathers and steeped the fullness of Orthodox holy Tradition.
- The Arena by St Iganatius Brianchaninov
- The Field by St. Iganatius Brianchaninov
- The Refuge by St. Iganatius Brianchaninov
- The Prologue by St. Nikolai Velimorovich
- My Life in Christ by St John of Kronstadt
- Journey to Heaven: Counsels on the Particular Duties of Every Christian by St. Tikhon of Zadonsk
- Path to Salvation by St. Theophan the Recluse
- Spiritual Psalter of St. Ephraim
Many, especially converts, have attested to the following books by Father Thomas Hopko as essential reading for catechumen or anyone that wants a solid overview of the basics of the Orthodox faith.
Note: Volumes 1-4 are available in print, but also are freely available online using the links below.